Saturday 8 January 2011

Luang Prabang, Laos, Wednesday 6th January

Open , Welcome all travellers! Drink alcohol snake cobra wine, try it at least once.
Wine good for strength, want shot 5000 kip, thanks a lot. The older being younghood.
You cannot come Laos and not try this snake and cobra wine….

Edie:


I woke up this morning and went down to the Mekong River and saw an Italian couple that were drinking Cobra juice from a stall. There were pickled snakes and lizards all crammed into large jars…dead of course!!!

Will:
Every day in Luang Prabang we play Badminton with my second cousins, Ben and Don and yesterday we met their puppy which is Mufassa, “woof, woof”. 


Lots of the trees are hairy here and their money  isn’t pounds, it is KIP. They don’t have any coins only paper.


They are loads of flies here, when I went to the meat market, I said “it must be Christmas for the flies.”


We walked in the hot, sizzling sunshine to Dad’s cousins girlfriend’s hotel. It had five or six pools(actually two) , a Jacuzzi, a sauna and we had lunch in the restaurant. 


I bought a ring in the market and I’ve got it on my finger. It is yellow, brown and white and made from  a shell.




No comments:

Post a Comment